Lake Park Bistro
Lake Park Bistro
Classic French cuisine, nestled in a bluff overlooking Lake Michigan
Serving authentic, rustic French cuisine in a bustling bistro setting, the restaurant features a menu that ranges from traditional to more modern and a chef’s menu that changes with the seasons. The view of Lake Michigan from the two lake rooms in the Bistro is unrivaled by any other restaurant in the city. Plenty of free parking and a gorgeous park setting make Lake Park Bistro an appealing choice for any dining occasion.
Lunch is served Monday through Friday, with guests able to choose from an a la carte menu or from the Menu d’Affaire, which offers a 2-course lunch for $19 and a 3-course lunch for $22. Sunday brunch is among the best in the Midwest, featuring three courses with champagne or a mimosa. Dinner is served nightly, and special events like wine dinners and the annual Black Truffle Dinner are highlights for guests and staff alike.
The extensive French wine list at Lake Park Bistro features a wide variety of the incredible wines France has produced for centuries. A loyal and knowledgeable staff helps make guests’ dining experience comfortable, enjoyable and memorable.
Adam Siegel, who won the prestigious James Beard Award for Best Chef: Midwest in 2008 for his menu and his work at Lake Park Bistro, is the Executive Chef, while John Raymond is Chef de Cuisine. General Manager and French native Didier Ibar joined Lake Park Bistro in 2003 and his knowledge, passion and charm have elevated the level of hospitality shown within Lake Park Bistro’s walls ever since. In 1995, Joe Bartolotta made a deal with Milwaukee County to revitalize the historic park pavilion in Fredrick Law Olmstead-designed Lake Park on Milwaukee’s East Side. He transformed the pavilion’s upper level into the spacious, light-filled Lake Park Bistro, the best French restaurant Milwaukee has to offer.
Lake Park Bistro is widely known as a special occasion destination, but with its three-sided Parisian-style zinc bar and wide variety of menu offerings, the Bistro has become a favorite gathering place to which loyal guests return again and again.
- Milwaukee Best Service or Waitstaff • 2016 • OnMilwaukee.com
- Milwaukee's Best Splurge Restaurant • 2016 • OnMilwaukee.com
- Carol Deptolla's Top 30 Restaurants • 2016 • Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Carol Deptolla's Top 30 Restaurants • 2015 • Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Carol Deptolla's Top 30 Restaurants • 2014 • Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Milwaukee's Best French Restaurant • 2014 • OnMilwaukee.com
- Carol Deptolla's Top 30 Restaurants • 2013 • Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Milwaukee's Best French Restaurant • 2013 • OnMilwaukee.com
- Milwaukee's Best Romantic Restaurant • 2013 • OnMilwaukee.com
- Milwaukee's Best Romantic Restaurant • 2012 • OnMilwaukee.com