Opportunity added 08/21/2019
The Sous Chef is responsible for the effective daily operations of the kitchen. This includes staffing, recruitment, employee development, financial management and facilities management. Responsible for creating, implementation and management of the menu concept and assuring quality control.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the management of an inventory process.
- Monitor inventory process in compliance with respective policies and procedures.
- Purchase inventory according to needs, quality, specifications and budgets.
- Monitor menu content for effectiveness.
- Cost out food specials.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and management staff regarding customer satisfaction in regards to food selections.
- On-going menu engineering
- Insure quality in menu and food preparation
- Monitor cleanliness of kitchen in accordance with Wisconsin sanitation codes.
- Communicate with vendors regarding food purchases.
- Keep accurate vendor logs with orders and receivables
- Interact with employees in a sensitive, positive manner.
- Understand and use Human Resources Policies and Procedures manual.
- Three to five years’ kitchen experience with two of those years preferably involved in kitchen management.
- Certified in food service sanitation as mandated by the state of Wisconsin.
- Experienced in food preparation at the highest level.