The Bartolotta Catering at Discovery World
Opportunity added 02/28/2019
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast paced environment for a highly respected company in the industry! We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, dining discounts , an exciting work environment and plenty of growth opportunity.
Dishwashers work promptly, maintains the kitchen work area, equipment, plate ware and utensils in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner.
Essential Job Functions:
● Scrapes food & debris from plates and pre-rinses from the dirty dishes and places them in dishwashing machine.
● Sorts, stacks and restocks serviceware to the location from which they were used.
● Washes pots, pans and trays by hand and/or machine.
● Removes trash and garbage from building to dumpster area.
● Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerators, cooking equipment and floors.
● Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles.
● Assembles, maintains and breaks down dish machine.
● Negotiates narrow crowded aisles with hot and cold pans and/or equipment.
● Knowledgeable in areas of kitchen prep, maintenance, cleaning of office area and kitchen area and inventory.
● Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
● Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
● Assists with picking up and returning dishes to all unit/kitchen stations.
● Assist other team members and management as needed.
● Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
● Works routinely with ware washing and cleaning chemicals.
● Perform all cleaning and sanitation functions required.
● Able to work at a rapid pace for an extended period of time.
● Adhere to all sanitation policy and guidelines as it pertains to handling of food and personal hygiene.
● Ability to anticipate business volume and prepare kitchen and work station accordingly.
● Pleasant and accommodating personality with continuous and outgoing demeanor.
● Requires prolonged periods of being on their feet ranging from 4 – 8 hours/shift.
● Walking and standing on the kitchen tiling with potentially slick surfaces.
● Light/moderate lifting is required between 50 - 100 pounds.
● Position dictates working in a fast-paced environment and subject to irregular hours including late nights, early
mornings, weekends and holidays. Works regularly on wet floors.