The Bartolotta Catering at Discovery World
Opportunity added 02/28/2019
Now is your chance to work for one of the most highly respected names in the industry! Our cooks provide a superb dining experience for all guests, with prompt, efficient and caring service.
Cooks provide prompt, efficient and courteous service for all guests, while assisting other team members and management in the delivery of a positive dining experience and overall guest satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
● Prepares menu items according to standard recipes, plate presentations and specifications in a timely manner.
● Sets up work station according to station diagram and daily product inventory to Chef’s standards.
● Completes all assigned prep work to Chefs standards.
● Maintains product presentation, product quality and cook time standards.
● Negotiates narrow crowded aisles with hot and cold food products.
● Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift.
● Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
● Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
● Performs sidework before, during and after shift as has ended.
● Assist other team members with unit stations and management as needed.
● Assist in maintaining a safe working environment.
● Present professional demeanor in attire, language and attitude.
● Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
● Perform all food prep required for all menu items.
● Able to work at a rapid pace for an extended period of time.
● Capable of using knives, slicers, broiler, grill, fryer, microwave and steamer in a safe and productive manner.
● Adhere to all sanitation policy and guidelines as it pertains to handling of food and personal hygiene.
● Ability to anticipate business volume and prepare kitchen and work station accordingly.
● Pleasant and accommodating personality with continuous and outgoing demeanor
● Requires prolonged periods of being on their feet ranging from 4 – 8 hours/shift.
● Walking and standing on the kitchen tiling with potentially slick surfaces.
● Light/moderate lifting is required between 50 - 100 pounds.
● Position dictates working in a fast-paced environment and subject to irregular hours including late nights, weekends and holidays.