The Bartolotta Restaurants
Opportunity added 11/27/2018
The FOH Manager is responsible for the effective daily operations of the Dining Room Area. The FOH Manager is someone who is passionate about food quality and guest service; someone who is a problem-solver with a strong work ethic and leadership skills; and someone who understands guest satisfaction. The FOH Manager is also responsible for staffing, recruitment, employee development, training, sales, financial management, facilities management and extensive guest interaction.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of the unit
- Identify and delegate responsibilities to staff to ensure objectives are met and guest service is achieved
- Manage and respond efficiently and accurately to guest complaints
- Consistently review operations and staff to identify any problems, concerns and areas of improvement
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff and assess performance on an ongoing basis
- Manage the restaurant to meet or exceed standards in food quality, safety and cleanliness
- Manage food costs, labor costs and liquor costs, budgeting and P&L’s
- Manage weekly inventory, liquor, produce and other ordering
- Manage the recruitment of all hourly employees; onboarding and training
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual sales, revenue and expenses
1. Able to communicate verbally and issue communication clearly; hearing ability required with all communications.
2. Able to relate to staff and customers in an appropriate and professional manner.
3. Able to read and write clearly.
4. Position requires walking, sitting, standing for lengthy periods of time.
5. Able to lift a minimum of 20lbs
6. Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
1. Requires an Associate’s Degree and/or a minimum of three-year’s experience in a management role in a fine dining establishment or five-year’s management experience in a casual dining concept.
2. Preferred experience with food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
3. Familiarity with restaurant management software, like Open Table
4. Acute financial management skills with strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
**The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.