The Bartolotta Restaurants
Opportunity added 08/20/2020
The General Manager directs and supervises the staff and all day-to-day operaations in the assigned restaurant location, ensuring delivery of quality customer service and achievement of sales or productivity goals.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations of the unit
- Identify and delegate responsibilities to staff to ensure objectives are met and guest service is achieved
- Manage and respond efficiently and accurately to guest complaints
- Consistently review operations and staff to identify any problems, concerns and areas of improvement
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff and assess performance on an ongoing basis
- Manage the restaurant to meet or exceed standards in food quality, safety and cleanliness
- Manage food costs, labor costs and liquor costs, budgeting and P&L’s
- Manage weekly inventory, liquor, produce and other ordering
- Manage the recruitment of all hourly employees; onboarding and training
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual sales, revenue and expenses
- Able to communicate verbally and issue communication clearly; hearing ability required with all communications.
- Able to relate to staff and customers in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Able to read and write clearly.
- Position requires walking, sitting, standing for lengthy periods of time.
- Able to lift a minimum of 20lbs
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Requires an Associate’s Degree and/or a minimum of three-year’s experience in a management role in a fine dining establishment or five-year’s management experience in a casual dining concept.
- Preferred experience with food and beverage (F&B) knowledge
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like Open Table
- Acute financial management skills with strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
**The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.