Catering Sales Manager
The Rumpus Room
Opportunity added 04/15/2019
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving customer/guest loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer/guest experience. Provides service to customers/guests in order to grow the account on behalf of the company.
- Coordinate all event room needs, as well as sales support. This involves direct sales calls, sales blitzes, and
- property tours. Manage quoting rates, contract development, arranging food and beverage, audio visual
- requirements, management of meetings on day of event, posting of charges, presentation of bill and follow up.
- Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
- Responsible for working with all clients to provide professional client services support in the planning,
- organization, and management of events within the facility, monitoring the logistics of these events and all event related tasks after events are concluded. This includes but not limited to working with space requirements, scheduling of events, equipment rentals, tastings, menus, invoicing and theme concept/decorating.
- Partners with group/catering counterparts to effectively manage the business opportunities.
- Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property.
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and property’s revenue goals.
- Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Provide weekly and monthly sales activity reports.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in Event Planning/Catering and/or a minimum of three-year’s experience in an event planning management role in a catering establishment/venue.
- Experience with information systems related to event planning management or catering sales management.