ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Bartolotta Catering at The Italian Community Center
Opportunity added 08/31/2017
The Italian Community Center - A Bartolotta Catering & Events venue is looking for an experienced Assistant Catering Operations Manager to begin preparations for managing their food and beverage for their upcoming busy season.
Responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in supervising the daily operations of the unit/organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend all events to make sure operations are effectively and efficiently directed and managed.
- Write and administer employee schedules for hourly staff.
- Facilitate shift meetings to hourly staff to ensure details of events are communicated & properly executed.
- Train and develop hourly staff to include new hire orientations and ongoing performance evaluations.
- Oversee all areas of operations for successful execution of events that include the following:
- Server Assistants
- Assist in interviewing and recruiting of hourly employees.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Address operational issues and concerns in a timely fashion; resolves guests and employee concerns.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with vendors.
- Attend management and sales meetings as necessary.
- Able to communicate verbally and issue communication clearly; hearing ability required with all communications.
- Able to relate to staff and customers in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Able to read and write clearly.
- Position requires walking, sitting, standing, and the ability to drive a vehicle.
- This position does work rotating hours and schedules; weekend and evening hours are required.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Event Planning/Catering and/or a minimum of three years management experience in a Catering Venue or Restaurant Operations and/or its equivalent.
Interested applicants can apply online through this application process or by submitting a resume directly to Dustin Farberg, Human Resources Director to DustinFarberg@Bartolottas.com.Apply Now